What to do

When you have certain family members that want nothing really to do with you or call you to much. Really just never bother with you unless they want something? We give them things and never say thank you. Constanly make up excuses for not want to go do things with you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• You cut them off. My grandmother pulled that crap. STOLE my identity, then made me out to be the bad person when I sued her. She put all her bills in my name, two credit cards, a Penney's card, and a cell phone. Ran me into 20,000 dollars in debt in 8 months.

She now owes me 300 dollars a month, and i call her once a month to make sure I'll get my check, that's it. even after everyhting i tried to be civil and treat her like my grandmother but she just talked behgind my back, so I just don't acknoweldge her anymore.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• you thank the good lord above that they are not a constant in your life
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• well there the parents... Thats the thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Still, who cares? They're treating you badly, why should you treat them with respect?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I ignore them completely, The only contact I receive from my dads side of the family is a letter or card inviting me to a get together or christmas. I never go, or sent anything. I have tried to have relationship with them but you can not build on nothing. So they talk behind my back and say its my fault but I dont like confrontation so I dont say jack just live my life the best i can and be very happy for my inlaws who are more to me than anyone. I think the last draw for them was this year I had alot of medical drama and they couldnt even pick up the phone they told my dad i should call them well if they were actually concerned they should have called me. but sh@t happens.
    Jenlos

Answer by Jenlos at 11:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have trouble with a family member. I just go on like there is no trouble. We've tried to reach out and it's gotten us no where. So we just act like it's not there. When we have parties, we invite him. If he doesn't come it's because he didn't want to, no because he wasn't invited. We're having one tonight in fact and he didn't even RSVP. I am just assuming he won't be there. Maybe I'll call him now just to double check...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i have family members that i really want nothing to do with. but, i dont call them asking for anything. we constantly make up "excuses." but that is because these people are backstabbers. they talk about us behind our backs. they take things we say, twist them around to mean something different and then tell anyone who will listen these fabricated lies. do you do shit like that? maybe think about why they want nothing to do with you. also, i know people who do nothing but bitch about other people. do you do that? complain a lot? say mean things about people they like? i know i'm sounding like a bitch, but these people act like they do everything for us and cannot understand why we dont like to be around them. i honestly feel that they need to wake up to the fact that their actions are hurtful and nobody likes that shit.
    Anonymous