Sugar water & Babies... advice!!! for colic

my friend text me saying a friend of hers pus 3/4 tspn sugar in 6oz of water and it helped sooth the tummy and he was colicy. what are your suggestions??! im up for trying anything... if i giver her some how much?!??! shes 12 wks

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 7:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In YOUR case I wouldn't hon. She's not a typical 12 weeker

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• You could try little tummys gripe water. I used it for my son and it worked pretty well.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• well if she's colicky becuz she's gassy then try burping her more often. my 3 mo DD occasionally suffers from this. she doesn't always cooperate when we burp her after feedings. that's when she gets fussy. I find that the more frequently I burp her throughout feedings the less colicky she is. maybe this will work for you. the key is finding out why she's colicky in the first place. ask your ped.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 7:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Not so young :( Try gripe water...it's fantastic! Sugar water is just empty calories that wil fill her up without any nutrients.
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011