Take ownership......take pride in your house. I can't do it all the time.

Why is it my husband can run a platoon, but can't take the garbage out? Or I have to say hey we need to clean this mess up. He says he will do it later and NEVER does. I have been sick and yet, I have still paid the bills, cleaned the dishes, the laundry, swept the house. I mean really. The garbage is about to over flow and you keep putting stuff in it.....um, TAKE IT OUT ALREADY. I didn't come downstairs all day yesterday and you could tell. I got up and went into over drive and was yelling out orders to both father and son. GGGGRRRRR

SweetPea726

Asked by SweetPea726 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it's the man gene
    glam.fairy

Answer by glam.fairy at 9:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My husband is the same exact way. I asked him two days ago to take it out and that is the only thing I ask in the whole house that he does and it never happens. It drives me insane.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• are you a stay at home mom? Im asking because i am and my husband WILL NOT take out the garbage. this used to PISS ME OFF. Now i just dont trip about it. It doesnt kill me to do it and i understand its something that he just does not care to do (he is a germaphobe) What we did was trade off. I told him i will take out the garbage ONLY if he opens the mail EVERYDAY and NEVER lets it pile up because if the mail starts to pile up the garbage will start to pile up and i am not taking it out! BUT i completely understand what yo uare saying. I had to explain to mine that just because i stay at home does not mean my job is easy, and i do not need you coming home making it harder for me so pick your dirTy clothes up off the floor NOW.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 7:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I am a stay at home mom and I was just telling, ok yelling, at my husband about this. He works, come home and does what he wants while I am calming my 11 month old, reading to my 3 year old and doing dishes all at the same time. They just dont get it.
    Mzwest83

Answer by Mzwest83 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I mean I get that he works hard and that he is tired. But, I work hard and I am tired also. I have been sick and very achy and tired more than normal. And we are trying to figure it out. I am afraid of what will happen if I can't do it everyday. I need a maid or a long whip......lol
    SweetPea726

Comment by SweetPea726 (original poster) at 7:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yes, I am a stay at home mom. I homeschool my son. My biggest thing is my son who is 9 thinks, if daddy doesn't do it, I don't have to do it. Lead by example SSG. Now to his credit he does help with laundry, dishes, cleaning etc. But, I was upstairs ALL day in bed yesterday after a painful procedure. Either one or both could have taken the garbage out. It was over flowing when I came down today. I took one look and said ya'll better fix this or else and walked away. They fixed it fast, lol
    SweetPea726

Comment by SweetPea726 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• try looking @ this website....www.flylady.net This was a Godsend for me when I stayed @ home & now that I work outside the home :)
    cardingtonlizzy

Answer by cardingtonlizzy at 8:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• if your son is 9 then he should have some responsibilities. and if daddy doesn't do it then i don't have to either is not an excuse lol. after all, daddy is an adult and he is not. but truthfully i take care of everything....my husband's schedule is too unpredictable to give him any chores. i am so looking forward to when my children are of a useful age. right now they pick up their toys, but i can't wait until they can take out the trash/recycling, vacuum, etc.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• similar story from last night in my world. my bf and I had a huge fight and public over the weekend, I was gone for one night to my parents house and the next day he was so apologetic and noticed me gone and missed my little annoyances... yesterday I asked him to take a box out with trash in it from our new carpet shampooer. He said he will in a sec he "wanted a moment to relax". He sat on the couch while I cleaned the bathroom, vacummed, did the dishes, switched folded and put away laundry. He sat on the couch, ordered a pizza... said he'd do it before the pizza got there... he thought the delivery guy arrived, I checked got cash out and he wasn't. Since it was going on 45-60 min I asked him only the 2nd time since the pizza would be there soon... he got mad and threw a fit because I "interuptted his conversation with his friend". I took it out with out a simple "thank you" or "sorry" or even an attempt to do it. i hate BOYS
    triciabc21

Answer by triciabc21 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My son does have chores. He helps with laundry, dishes, cleans the bathrooms, cleans the litter box. My husband does this also. But, usually I do it. Just because when I see it NEEDS to be taken out I do it. I was down for 1 day for God's sake. My house isn't dirty. We just moved in. Fly lady is great. But, since we are moved in it shouldn't be that much to keep it clean.
    SweetPea726

Comment by SweetPea726 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2011