Would you ask?

A friend of mine has a four month old, both her and her husband are white, the baby looks like he has a tan. I don't want to insult my friend but, every time I see her son I can't help but wonder..... Would you ask?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on how close you are. If she were your best friend, I would assume you would already know. If she is an acquaintance, I would say it would be rude to ask her because it's none of your business.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Definitely suspicious. Maybe the husband is just trying to be nice and pretending not to notice. That's really sad though.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 7:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Absolutely not.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• its none of your business
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Me personally i would not ask but of course i would just make it out to be genes from either side coming out with that child.
    SarahLynn1985

Answer by SarahLynn1985 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't ask her. One of them might have genetics that made their child look darker than they both are. Would you want someone asking you if your children were your SO's?
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would never ask, every time I see the baby all I can think of is Austin powers going "Mole... MOLE.. Molely..."

We are friends, not best friends, but we talk several times a week and our kids (older children) play together at least once a week. Her and her husband have had rocky relationship for the past two years (they've been together 10 years) they both cheated on the other years ago, seeing the baby just makes me wonder.... Personally it's none of my business, yet seeing the baby and knowing their history it makes me wonder!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I've had that happen before, I am a blonde my husband is as well, our oldest is a red head, can't figure out where the red hair came from, neither side has red hair, we often say she is the milkman's baby.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would not ask. Me and my dds father are both irish/scotish and my daughter was always very tan looking when she was a baby. I asked her Dr. and he said it was normal. Now she is 5 and only looks tanned after being in the sun. And, really, is that your place to say anything?
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 5:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Genes....you don't know what is in their genes. Don't ask she will probably be insulted.
    courtcaton

Answer by courtcaton at 2:56 PM on Jun. 22, 2011