Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

His family hates us and I'm thinking about walking away.

I can't handle the insults. The trash talk. Excluding us from family get togethers. The fighting. I moved out of state to start a family with my husband. They steal, then accuse us of stealing. His family is rude, judgmental and nosy. Six years of Hell dealing with this. My husband isn't really stopping it and I feel so alone out here.I have cut them off and they seem to weasel their ways back in my life. His brother left the state for this reason as well. I'm so unhappy. Depressed, and feel stuck and hopeless.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • You need to lay down the law with your DH, its them or you, and stick to it.

    Answer by mrsvixen at 7:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • if you moved out of state change your number and dont tell them your address..but really your husband needs to set his parents or relatives down and have a chat with them and tell them to knock it off or HE will and should cut the to a gf about this and dont end your marraige over outlaws unless it is not only the outlaws you want to run from

    Answer by nana0128 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Eeek, honey!!!! That is a tough situation you are in!!!

    It would help if your hubby would get involved! I can understand why he doesn't do anything. It is the only way he can handle all that BS. Too bad that avoidance doesn't make anything go away it just gets worse.

    In-laws can make a relationship not work. Many people divorce from it. I would get as many of them together as you can for a family meeting. At least the main culprits! Include your hubby! Tell them exactly what you said above and mention how much you love you man, but being a part of their family is consuming your life and they need to learn how to respect you and talk to you politely. If not, you need to look out for your well being and divorce "the family".

    Or you could leave the country with your SO, I'd like to see them follow you then.............................LOL

    Answer by Gingerwheel at 7:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Sounds like you need to just stay away from them. You don't have to live far away, just cut all ties. Let your husband visit them if he wants, but you dont' have to go. My MIL is the only stresser in our marriage, but when she's around we are both so miserable divorce sounds like a good idea.

    Answer by scout_mom at 8:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Dont want to sound like debi downer but there isn't much you can do. Its on your husband. He needs to handle this.

    Answer by Mzwest83 at 8:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.