How much computer time do you give your kids?

I give mine an hour each...

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My nine year old gets one hour a day, but she will try to do things around the house like shredding papers for extra time.
    Mommy2Nia

Answer by Mommy2Nia at 2:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My 16 year old son gets too much computer time. My two nieces however, get about an hour a day as well.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• zero. They are 11, 9 1/2, 8 1/2 and 5 and none of them are allowed to touch the computer. They have no reason to be on it. They can play games on the xbox or their DSs and they have no reason to be online (they don't have email and aren't allowed to have facebook or be on any social sites). Occasionally, if they've been very good they get to go on Poptropica but it always ends in a huge fight, them refusing to get off, screaming at each other and me and then sneaking on at all hours of the night for days after I allow an hour so I've mostly banned. It was so bad the oldest would wake up at 5am so she could sneak on and play for a few hours before we woke up. They she would flat out lie about it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2011