Am i going into pre term labor??

im 31 weeks. 19 yrs old. and ive been having sharp pain up and down my lower back, including a horrible headache, hot and cold flashes and contractions. the contractions are in my vaginal canal. feel horrible. need advice. but not entirely ready to go to the ER.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• call your OB or labor and delivery
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 7:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It could be braxton Hicks, it could be more stretching, sharp pains could me lots of things in pregnancy hun. Call the doctor, they can advisr you to go in. With my middle son I went into labor at 32 weeks. I pray you do not have to go through that :( *hugs*
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• it doesn't hurt to call a nurse at the hospital
    spidermonkey090

Answer by spidermonkey090 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It could just be very bad gas pains. I would see how you feel in an hour & in the mean time call you OBGYN's emergency #, let them call you back & instruct you what to do. If you are bleeding or have leaking fluid then go ASAP to the ER.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It could be round ligament pain. It will cause pain in your back, side, and can cause pain for lack of a better description all over your crotch.

Try getting a nice tall glass of ice water, drink it and lay down on your side for a bit. If the contractions continue, get closer together, or more painful call your OB or simply head to the ER.

If you begin to bleed or your water breaks head to the hospital immediately.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Should be calling your OB for advice. You'll get your answer much faster and save yourself alot of headaches. If you are in pre-term labor you need to go to L&D (not the ER) and get checked out. I would be picking up that phone and asking what my doctor thinks. After all I am paying them to keep me and my baby safe.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2011