• In the Spotlight:

How do deal with Grandparnets?

My mother wants me to fly up, so that everyone can see her. She said that is will pay for it, but is won't fly me out at the airport we have here. She want me to drive 4 hour to intertional airport, because she said it's keeper. With gas in all we don't have the money for gas. It will take $120, 60 up and 60 back. She said that she will pay for the gas, and I tell her if she going to pay for the gas. She can fly my out for the Keys. because it's $100 more to fly out here. Nothing I say is right. Then she tell me that I can up when it's cold. I told her then she will have the wait till she one. I know the my little girl will get sick, but I don't want it to be me that getts her sick. One more then we live in Key West.

BlueBlackRose83

Asked by BlueBlackRose83 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in About CafeMom

• dump question: Why would she get sick from the cold?
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• WE live in FL too and took out son to KS this winter and he was fine. You could take her in the cold. I've drive down US 1 to Key West and wouldn't want to do it with a baby. Have you pointed our to her that by not flying out of KW you're 8 hours travel time for your child?
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Sounds to me like you have a mother who is just trying to do what she feels is best, even if it doesnt make any sense to you... Our parents came from a different time, and like things more set in stone than we do. If it is an issue with driving to the farthest airport away from where you live, you may just have to say, "But Mom, that is 4 hours away, and travelling with the baby in the car for that long isnt a fun trip. It is different on a flight out of here, because I will be right there by the baby, and I can calm her down easier. Please be understanding about this." Good Luck!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 9:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• if she's paying, let her choose how you travel.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2008