Did you SO buy you anything for having his child?

Of course its not a requirement because the baby itself is an incredible gift. Just want to hear about some great men.

sugamama3

Asked by sugamama3 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• This is not an actual gift..but my baby was in the NICU for my birthday and that was very much after me giving birth :( for my birthday my husband made this card and put a picture of me holding my baby inside it said ...
    Happy Birthday Mommy
    Mommy don't be sad im in here and so tiny ,im sorry i came early but i really wanted to meet you
    I promise i will continue to drink the milk you bring for me everyday so i can get big and strong and
    come home to you and daddy..i love you with my tiny heart.

it was so beautiful and all nurses were so excited for me to see it,they told me he came really early to do it and he was in his work clothes,after i seen it taped to my babies incubator,all the nicu nurses were saying that he was such a great guy and they had never seen anyone do such a sweet thing. I still have that card,i have no clue how he got into my my scrapbooking stuff and when he printed the picture.
    GivingTreeMommy

Answer by GivingTreeMommy at 8:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My husband bought me two beads for my pandora bracelette. One was the baby's birthstone and the other was a little angel. It was super sweet and unexpected.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 8:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• no, i get an even better gift....i get to choose the name. he doesn't have a say. lucky for him he likes all of my name choices lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• my ex's grandfather was that way, when his grandma was pregnant both times he gave her jewelry.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• That idea would never cross my husband's mind. He's pretty inconsiderate that way.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I didn't get actual gifts like jewelry but received flowers and some sort of gift basket after both our girls. He also caters to me pretty well while I"m in the hospital and just home. He brought back Starbucks when he left to get a shower after the long deliveries. He knew I had been craving a caramel macchiato. He also does everything around the house for a while so I can rest.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 9:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I got a "E" necklace.. my DD's name is Emma :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I received a gift card to Motherhood Maternity to buy clothes for my growing body. His mother...well.........she's another story. My daughter had a larger and more expensive wardrobe than I have even before she was born. His mother buys her so much that we rarely buy clothes. My daughter is not yet 3 and has thousands and thousands of dollars worth of clothes and jewelry. We take the money that we save on clothing (I would never buy a toddler expensive jewelry), and put it into a bank account for her. Although, when I came home from the hospital after an emergency c-section, he catered to me big time. He was also great throughout the pregnancy also since I was on bedrest for a while and was afraid to move. I didn't really get a specific birth gift, but it all definitely added up. Oh and he also took a week off from work to help me. I'm very thankful for all of it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Awww....GivingTreeMommy..........that brought tears to my eyes.........beautiful!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'd never tell my husband to buy me something but how romantic would it be for a man to give you something for having his child? I'm a sentimental person though. I can dream lol.
    sugamama3

Comment by sugamama3 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011