He's a jerk but I'm still here... adult content

He's such an ass hole. I keep telling myself not to be upset over him. He is a loser and not worth it. I keep telling myself that anything I do or the effort I put into it is my own decision and that atleast I'll know that it wasn't my fault. I will not get mad at myself for trying if it fails. But regardless, it still hurts to try so hard and find out it isn't right. Actually I think I have always known it isn't right. I've always told my self "just a little longer". I've been conviencing myself to stick around. I need the courage to leave and be on my own. Words of wisdom would be grateful. :(

triciabc21

Asked by triciabc21 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• all i can say is, i'm in the same boat & your not alone :) good luck, i know it's hard.
    i wish i could take my own advice sometimes but, do whats makes YOU happy, no matter how hard it might be... but the hard changes in life always have the best payoff's if there the right thing & honey, it seems like leaving to ensure your happiness IS the best thing ! :)
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 8:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The only thing worse than staying with a jerk for one year is staying with a jerk for one year and a day.

My ex-husband was a possessive/abusive jerk. He left his one and only bruise on my 21st birthday. That was the last day I saw him. You've got to decide that you are more important than ANYTHING he says and start your feet a-walkin'. You've also got to have the strength of character to refuse his repeated calls, and NOT give in to the baloney that he'll try to feed you.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• What would you tell your DAUGHTER if she was the one with the jerk?

That's what yopu tell yourself now. Get out. You won't regret it.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree with gdiamante. What advice would you give your daughter? Honey, you need to leave NOW. He is NOT going to change and you know it. Why stay in a relationship that's not working and makes you so unhappy? You are better than that and deserve so much more.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• You just have to do it. Leave & don't look back. I stuck around with my DDs father thinking. "Maybe if I stay, it'll get better". It only got worse. One day, I said the hell with it, I was truely done & kicked him out. I had no money, no car, no nothing & I was scared but I knew I could make it on my own. Haven't looked back since & I'm happier than ever.

Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I had a relationship like this in college that I wasted 4 years on. Leave early and leave strong!
    KarenT214

Answer by KarenT214 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My mother had a saying that is one of my faves: "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got!" In other words, if you want something different, you have to MAKE it happen! Change is difficult, no doubt! We get into a "comfort zone", and we are so afraid of change, that we stay stuck in the same rut, and never venture out to see what else is out there! I know....been there, done that! If you want change, you have to MAKE change! Or, you can stay where you are, and be stuck, and miserable! I had 2 failed marriages, 1 failed relationship, and I was miserable, until a friend suggested I move! And move, I DID! To another state! Started all over again! I had no job, knew no one, just went! I had some financial help from my parents, but I beat the streets to find a job. Fast forward 3 years, I am in a great marriage! Wouldn't have happened if I hadn't MADE it happen!
    Lynda-Lou

Answer by Lynda-Lou at 1:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2011