I feel like I am gaining weight soooo rapidly...

Im only 28 weeks along and have already gained 21 lbs. Im not concerned about my weight but I am concerned that its going on so quickly. Im eating healthy and correct portions. I though weight was put on more gradually during pregnancy. Not so much at once.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it depends....it's different for everyone. the only time you have to be worried about weight gain (if you start off at a normal weight) is if you gain alot of weight very quickly....that is an indicator that you may be getting pre-eclampsia. i mean very quickly though....when i got it i gained 10lbs. in less than a week. other than that there is no way to predict and nothing to worry about. usually you gain the most weight in the second trimester though....sometimes nothing at all in the first and third.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I gained slowly until the last month then I packed it on like a bear going into hibernation. A lot of it was water weight though (my ankles were SWOLLEN) so I shed most of it within a week or two of giving birth and breastfeeding. What does your gyn say about it? Mine was a nightmare with weight gain. She would scold me regularly in the end! :(
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 8:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• personally i think you are doing great with your weight gain! i am 32 and a half weeks and i am at 21 pounds also but when i feel down about my weight i think about my sister in law that had her son on march 22 and she gained 61 pounds during her pregnancy so compared to her we are doing great! Good luck!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011