Would you stay with your SO if he told you to kill yourself? just read of another poster, this disturbs me deeply

I just read this on another posting. Kind of creepy to me, I would give my hubs the boot if he ever told me to kill myself, sarcastically or not, he would be out, and a few family members maypay him a visit as well. It's jst gross, and disrespectful. I was in shock when some of the responses said she bought it on herself, umm I wouldn't tell my worse enemy that. No one deserves tht.

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 8:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• There was something I learned in church one day during a sermon, that rings true so much. The pastor was telling us that sometimes, depending on what kind of day someone has or things that are going on in their life, things can be taken the wrong way or sound much harsher to them. He gave an example of "Gee, your hair looks very pretty today." Seems pretty innocuous, but to someone having a rough time and their self-esteem in the toilet, they are not hearing that their hair is pretty, but that "Gee, your hair looks awful every other day." No one knows what else this woman is going through and what other things the DH may be saying to her. Drama Queen or not, this man probably knew that a statement like that would set her off and most likely it was said to push her buttons. No one should be picking on someone already feeling down, it's just wrong, the DH or any of her answerers.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• sadly some people say that alot. they say it as just another expression. i know someone who says it to mean 'go f yourself'. i can't stand him for numerous reasons and this is high up on the list.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The woman was not a drama queen. Those words are NEVER acceptable in any situation. Domonique never stated she was one.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would reply "go fxxk yourself. . And you keep that language up, you'll be doing that for a long time too."
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• He would be gone in a heartbeat and he would wish he was the one that was dead.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree that's a little extreme.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 8:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It disturbed me too. Its one thing to take a low blow but to tell someone to kill themself is pretty sick.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I didn't see that one. If my husband said that to me i would leave his ass.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• What question was it?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well you weren't there to hear the sarcasm. Don't judge. She was upset and venting, she's not here to be judged so if you dont support her dont say anything.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2011