Moms at Eielson AFB..

My husband just got orders to PCS to Eielson AFB in August. I know nothing about AK and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me advice or thoughts about it. Also, information about the housing there. My husband is about to become a SRA. We have an 8 month old baby boy named Dagon, so it's nice to meet new moms in the area.

USAFWifeMS

Asked by USAFWifeMS at 11:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Travel

• Sorry I don't know anything about it except that my husband lived there when he was in early elementary school. I just about crack up everytime he tells my daughter how he had to walk to school in the snow (not uphill both ways, but always in the snow!). We live in Texas and my daughter thinks it is freezing when its 50 degrees! Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Do a cafemom search for moms in the Anchorage area. My husband was working in construction last winter and was building the hangers at Elmendorf- I wanted to get an idea of ANC before I got there- so I met some moms on CM! I ended up not going up there, and staying here in Ketchikan-southeast AK. (the job ended 6mos early!)
    jsikapv

Answer by jsikapv at 4:56 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I live in Fairbanks, my husband was military. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have and I can get you the info.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:17 AM on Dec. 21, 2008