My 2 week old has very liquid poop, almost diarrhea but the doctor say normal

is there a way to tell if it is diarrhea or thicken it up. she is on formula but is never fussy, but is gassy. im almost wondering if she is lactose intolerant.

nabikee

Asked by nabikee at 8:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if the doc... says its normal. then it must be normal. thats way he is the doc....
    grandma-lety

Answer by grandma-lety at 9:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's normal. it'll turn to solid poop in no time. Don't sweat it.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• You put liquid in you get liquid out. It will get more solid as baby grows and of course when they start on solids. Perfectly normal for a brand new digestive system. However you can try a soy formula if you like. In case you're thinking lactose intolerance. Don't try to "thicken" it yet. Way too soon for that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• as long she poop it's normal, I remember my son has liquid poop for a long time. As long she's fine, eating and sleeping that's fine.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would get a second opinion if it worries you. Does not sound normal to me and you can't always trust Dr.s cause sometimes they just want you to leave instead of actually do all the tests that may need to be done to find out if somethingis wrong.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 5:31 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• If that were the case ash, than she could sue them for mal practice, but every mom who has had a newborn could tell you that the poop is very liquidy the first few weeks.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2011