6 month baby still can't roll from back to belly?

My daughter will be 6 months on Monday, she still can't roll from her back to belly. She can roll from her belly to back no problem. She can roll almost all the way over, she gets her legs over, and her shoulder but then its like she gets stuck on her arm that is underneath her and then she gets frusterated and just rolls back to her back =/

anyone elses baby not roll over till after 6 months? Should I be worried that its taking so long?

Rampy510

Asked by Rampy510 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter didn't roll from belly to back until she was just shy of five months. She didn't start rolling from back to belly until six months. She only did it in her crib so it freaked me out when I found her sleeping on her belly in the morning. Now she goes both ways no problem. My daughter is 'bigger' in the 90th percentiles for height and weight so the doctor said it's normal for it to take longer for her to roll over. She's got a lot more hip to swing over lol
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 9:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• No need to worry. Lots of children have trouble with that particular move.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• DD didnt roll over until well after 9 months. she just didnt feel like it. she practically crawled before she rolled.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• they all do it ..in their own time :)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Our daugher is 9 months. She still doesn't roll EITHER direction. She has both ways a couple of times and that is it. Her ped. isn't worried. She said she is just not wanting to. I wouldn't worry.
    BWIND

Answer by BWIND at 9:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• She'll be fine. Both of my kids got stuck just like yours. I don't remember how old they were though. She's super close to figuring it all out.

We did a "roll over" game with both of them, husband more than me. We'd sit on the floor with our legs out in a V shape. then we'd physically roll our kids over and back in between our legs, saying: Roll over, roll back. Roll over, roll back. The kids thought it was a hoot. This way they'd get rolled over from one side to another, and sometimes all the way from tummy to back to tummy again.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My son is almost 7 months and can't roll from back to belly too. He likes to roll to the side, but never completely roll to the belly yet, I'm sure he'll be able to do it soon.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• put him/her on the bed and help her just keep practicing
    H-Tina

Answer by H-Tina at 10:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011