JJ Cole Bundle Me Bunting question

Has anyone used this with like a 5, 6 month old baby or older? I know with the ones you put on top of the car seat it squishes my son too much so i was wondering if these fit better for older babies and if they are long enough not squish my sons feet at the end. Any answers would be great! Thanks!

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We recieved the one year-old size as a gift. I haven't used it yet (DS is four months) but it is very big. If you are not using a carrier car seat it will work and it's very roomy. I don't know much else yet because we haven't installed his new rear facing convertible car seat yet (he already out grew the infant carrier!!)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• This is the type that goes under the carseat straps, correct? Those are very dangerous and are not approved for use by the carseat manufacturer. Under the pressure of a crash they compress and the child can be ejected.

We were given one and returned it. Not worth the risk of our child's life.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Jaycee1124 can you elaborate on that?? I haven't heard of it before and I am not sure I understand what happens. Can you explain?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I just found this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM1LJaOIu34
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I agree with jaycee1124. Also, my sister just went through her birthing class which also focused on the first few weeks and they said not to use these because of something amount too much fabric surrounding the baby and making it harder for them to breath or something.

Anonymous

• If this cover goes under the baby and sits in the carseat, it compromises the safety of that seat. A blanket would do just as well over a child and would not risk their lives in the case of an accident. Nothing but a thin layer of clothing/jacket should be sitting between the seat and the child.
    Anonymous

• I have the Bundle me and i love it... As for it being unsafe i don't think so. you need to see that a snow suit vs. Bundle me is going to give you the same thickness. so it's up to you my daughter loves it and i don't have to take an extra 10 min to get her bundled
    Davina07

Answer by Davina07 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Davina: You shouldn't use a snow suit in a car seat either.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Davina: As a PP stated, only a THIN layer of clothing should come between the baby and the seat. A baby shouldn't be put in a carseat with a heavy jacket, snowsuit, or 'bundle me', unless you'd like to risk their lives. That's what they make blankets for - they don't take 10 minutes to throw over a baby and they don't compromise the safety of the carseat. I wish people were more educated about this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I agree with the PPs. JJ Cole BundleMes are not safe because the fabric under the seat will compress in a crash leaving the straps loose. Also they mess with the threading of the harness straps. Also you should never use a snowsuit or coat in the car because the same thing will happen(they will compress leaving the straps dangerously loose) OP: You can either get the baby something made with polar fleece to wear in the car or put a blanket over baby or get a car seat cover that covers the seat like a shower cap. None of those 3 methods compromise your childs safety. Using a snowsuit/coat or JJ Cole BundleMe does compromise your child's safety. Check out one of the many car seat safety groups here on CM for more info.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 4:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2008