I am going to buy a washer/dryer.What our some suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Shopping

• Kenmore is the best brand IMO. I have Whirlpool now and they are supposed to be better than the Kenmore I had before (and they were more expensive) but they are not. I wish I had my old ones back. Sears has a good selection of them.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• When I bought mine I just wanted to make sure they were large capacity washer and dryers. I ended up buying the floor model washer and got 10% off because it had this itty bitty scratch on the side. Works perfect though. I got them both for $500. I think it really depends on what your budget is, but you can find a good washer and dryer for cheap.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:57 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• WE just bought the Samsung front load for washer and dryer. I would not recommend getting a set with steam. They don't do anything the others can't. When I told our sales girl to sell me on steam and why we needed it she couldn't. You do need to be careful with all front load models--the washers can get a stink if you don't care for them correctly because they need air to dry out. It is more work than I like, but it is with all brands.  I would probably try the Kelly Ripa brand (sorry I forget the name) if I wasn't so cheap.  I liked that one better. 

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have the LG tromm set.. and I actually disagree with teachermom (no offense) I love the steam -- for exactly the problem you mentioned --many front loaders can catch water in the door and smell like mildew. The steam clean works to clean the tub. I get NO funky odors in my set. Plus, for cloth diaper moms the steam cycles are excellent -- as well as a quick fix for wrinkled shirts. Front loaders are fantastic for money saving and water saving, but you lose being able to "soak" things. They do have some HE top loaders now, but I haven't researched those. I love our set, LG TROMM -- they are huge, I can fit a queen down comforter with no problem! Love, love, love that huge size with 2 adults, 2 kids and another on the way. Cuts my laundry time in a forth from a normal "large" capacity tub.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2008