What does it matter to him? not sure where to put this

ok so my toddler and i have pretty much been on our own since the day i moved back to my home state where her bio dad was. well we were given things from his family that were gifts to her or i. each of these things were used greatfully,and some are still in use. well the other day when his mother was not getting her way about something she treatened to take back everything she had given the child since birth or she would take me to court for the cost of the GIFTS. of corse i havent heard anything else from it for over a month. then the other night he text me asking out of no where where the childs crib went since she now has a toddler bed. well his mother didnt buy that bed his step mom did and had told me to use it for the next baby due in the fall. so i told him that it was in the baby's room why, he wouldnt say just said that it wasnt weird for him to be asking it was his kid so he should be able to ask {ok weird?!} then i get a call from his step mom telling me that he called to get his dad to give him the crib they gave ME. of corse they said hell no, and told me to not let that crib out of my house and that they would be happy that this new baby to use it{this new baby is my husbands not my daughters father's} he has been with this girl for a few months now and moved in with her i wonder if they are trying to get stuff bc she might be prego?

my questions are; has anyone else had this happen to them? can i be taken to court for not turning over GIFTS given to a child for the cost of the gifts? and should i give it back to his dad and step mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• They can take you to court but most likely they will look like fools. There's nothing saying you will pay them back and its not like the gifts were for you. You don't sleep in the crib do you ;) don't worry about it hun.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 9:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• the things she wants is like clothes the child has way past out grown{special things that i knew were her childern i have already given back as soon as the child had out grown them so i wouldnt loose them} but toys,bottles, blankets, and a stupid walker{which her dad gave and he told me to give it away to another mother once she had out grown it} these people drive me nuts!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it. Unless there was some sort of written agreement (in which you signed) that you were to pay them back for these things, then there is nothing they can do. How ridiculous of them.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Let them take you to court and waster their money lol it'd be funny. But legally no, they cannot take back gifts.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• They'd have to put out too much money to sue you for those things or the money and they would lose anyway. No judge in the world is going to make you give a crib and clothing and such back. I think if they say something again, tell them to take you to Judge Judy, the show pays for everything. And then email me and let me know when it's on because I'd really like to hear her tearing those people a new one. You have nothing to worry about. Those people sound like scum bags. I'd really be careful how much your daughter is around them and how much she is learning from them. Go step-mom! She sounds like she is the only caring one in the whole bunch.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• they cant take you to court over all that the judge will maybe laugh in there faces for it
    tjmommy2010

Answer by tjmommy2010 at 12:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Your exMil for lack of better term is boundary stepping and she thinks being a bully and using threats will make you tow the line. No, you don't have to give anything back. Also, don't let her around the child. she needs a firm time out or all out cutt off because she is not the queen bee of your house or your child. And if bio daddy is going to become a flying monkey for his momma, then you should give him a dose of reality also. And don't let him into the house either. He wants to see his child, then meet him somewhere. Do not let any of his family into the house. This is just the beginning of the crazies. Also, if the woman gets lippy again, call the police and file a complaint, wrote a cease 7 desist letter telling her to not to contact you ever again and if she uses threats ( which she will since she already has) get an RO stating that she is not to contact you nor use third parties to contact you and threaten you.
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 11:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2011