(Must Share Sorry) Breakfast at McDonald's

This is a good story and is true, please read it all the way through until the end! (After the story, there are some very interesting facts!): I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree.The last class I had to take was Sociology. The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with. Her last project of the term was called, 'Smile.'The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions. I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway. So, I thought this would be a piece of cake, literally. Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning.It was just our way of sharing special playtime with our son. (cont.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• You ever think of sending that story to the newspaper right now with the holiday's and everything would be a great human interest story and it was very well written.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 12:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did. I did not move an inch... an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved. As I turned around I smelled a horrible 'dirty body' smell, and there standing behind me were two poor homeless men. As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was 'smiling' His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance. He said, 'Good day' as he counted the few coins he had been clutching. The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally challenged and the blue-eyed gentleman was his salvation.
    Anonymous

• I held my tears as I stood there with them. The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted. He said, 'Coffee is all Miss' because that was all they could afford. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm). Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes. That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging my every action. I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray. I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue-eyed gentleman's cold hand.
    Anonymous

• He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, 'Thank you.' I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, 'I did not do this for you. God is here working through me to give you hope.' I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son. When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, 'That is why God gave you to me, Honey, to give me hope.' We held hands for a moment and at that time, we knew that only because of the Grace that we had been given were we able to give.We are not church goers, but we are believers.That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand. I turned in 'my project' and the instructor read it.
    Anonymous

• That's an amazing story!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 12:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Then she looked up at me and said, 'Can I share this?' I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class.She began to read and that is when I knew that we as human beings and being part of God share this need to heal people and to be healed.In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my son,the instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student.I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn: UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read this and learn how to LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS -
    NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE PEOPLE. There is an Angel sent to watch over you.
    Anonymous

• tears ..tears...tears....you are truly a Angel from God ....

sunkist78

Answer by sunkist78 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• you are sooo sweet not many people would do what you did and your husband and son are soo soo lucky
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• This was sent to me and I bawled like a baby... just shows how so little can do so much! Hope this moves you as much as it did me. I didn't know how else to share this with you. This was the only way... FYI if you have not noticed this is just a story sent TO me NOT about me... BUT if I could ever meet this person I would let her know SHE was a gift from God himself...
    Anonymous

• WOW!!!!! I GOT CHILLS JUST READING THIS
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2008