Local business, "Disney"....

I have this idea that I personally think is good, but I need other people's opinions, help, guidence, ideas, etc.....

I have this habit of always wanting to improve my community, which is kind of going down hill a bit, and the number of kids is rising like no other!!!

I want to open a "disney oriented" restuarant. With like food from all parts of the world, not to expensive, characters once in awhile walking around... You get the point I think..
Just a small local business...

How would I get it okay'd through Disney though or would I have to? I don't know.. Or if I use things other than the word Disney..

I really just need some help, heck is it even a good idea?? Would it gain me a good/decent income....

Thanks for your time :D

(I like to be creative)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• You need a business lawyer. I would think you would need to go through Disney and I douby they would okay it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I don't have that kind of money to just go out and get a business lawyer.. I'm just an average person here. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well anyone have any other better idea that like don't have to do with Disney but similar?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would create your own characters. It will be a lot cheaper than getting character licenses. I like the "around the world" theme.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree with tootoobusy. You need a commerical law attorney. I'd google first to get a general idea what's invovled (i.e. franchised business, patent infrigement, etc.) before consulting with an attorney. I think it's a great idea. You mean like a kiddie Epcot, right? Another important issue to consider is the chef. Are you the chef? If yes, you are 50% done. Put together a business plan to clearly outline your vision, expectations 0-5 years, and return on equity (i.e. profitability projected at different points of volume). You'll need all of that for a small business loan either from the bank or the state/local gov't. Another thing to keep in mind, I am assuming you're a mom. As a minority interest business owner, you'll get preferential terms if you get a loan from the gov't. Have realistic expectations and good luck.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• You might not be able to do that since everything Disney is copyrighted. I might be wrong though. Definitely seek an attorney maybe you can find a pro bono (free) one that is willing to help you. Good luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It would be really hard to get Disney to go for it
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:54 AM on Jun. 17, 2011