Are wholesale stores worth it for baby stuff? (Costco, Sam's Club)

For those who shop at Costco, Sam's Club, do you think the savings is worth it considering the membership fees you pay? I am due with my first baby and wondering if it's worthwile to join one of these places for diapers, wipes, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think so. We go to BJ's and pay $15 for 720 wipes. Diapers are $40 for about 260. If you use formula it's a great deal if they have your kind!
    Anonymous

• Yes, you can get diapers, wipes, formula, and babyfood there. I have a membership and it is well worth it. You can also get snacks like crackers, juice, and string cheese when they get older. I make a trip to Sams Club at least once a month. You can always get a temporary day pass and go and get the prices on all their babystuff and then go to walmart or wherever and compare prices. This way you will know before you commit! Just an idea.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 12:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I think its worth it you can get way more diapers in a pack for just a few bucks more then you can at like walmart. plus they got wipes, babyfood and all your baby needs. I go about once every two weeks.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It's only worth it if you know you will use a particular brand that the store carries. I have a Sam's Club membership, and I did buy formula for my twins there and saved a lot. They only carry a few different kinds, so if we had needed some special formula I might not have been able to get it there. My babies are no longer on formula and Sam's doesn't sell the diapers they use; I probably will not renew my membership. I think you are best off waiting until after your baby is born and you have decided what kind of diapers and what kind of formula (if any) you will be using. For me, it would not have been worth the cost if I had only one baby using the formula.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I say yes for diapers and wipes but no to food.
    Frogger33

Answer by Frogger33 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I say yes to diapers, but wipes I have found for 720 at target for 8 dollars.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It depends on what diaper they have. I have a Costco membership and they don't sell Pampers. They only have Huggies and that brand gives my son a red bottom. Pampers are the only diapers that are good for his sensitive skin. So we just buy the diapers at Target. Go by the per unit price. Anything around 25 cents per diaper is a pretty good price. I don't know what brands BJ's sells because I don't have a membership there. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:50 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i lve sams club for wipes i buy 720 wipes for 15 dollers you can't get that any where and you always get a free case with it. that saves alot of money and then i only buy boxes of wipes every 3 - 4 months. dipers it just depends on what size you need and the kind sometimes you can't find the size that you are looking for.
    Davina07

Answer by Davina07 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2008