Ok...he proposed but I don't like the ring what do i do?

Tracie0416

Asked by Tracie0416 at 12:00 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Be grateful for what you have. He loved you enough to buy you a ring, so be happy with it. He chose it for YOU.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:01 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Be honest with him. It may just be a ring, but you're the one who will be wearing it for the rest of your life. You deserve to love it and he should completely understand! Good luck!
    Anonymous

• its hard for men to know what women like and these days its hard for men to beable to pay for what women like. when my hubby gave me my ring fourteen years ago it wasn't realy impressive but it was from him he picked it out on his own and he bought what he could afford i loved it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• hehehe...I have always wondered what to do in this situation!! I think you can exchange at the place he got it from. I bet the biggest thing would be telling HIM you don't like it, right? Well, personally I think I would make such a fuss over him and how excited you are to be engaged to him then SLOWLY work in a compromise on the ring. I know guys are kinda clueless about what we like. Maybe one of your friends could approach him after you tell her what you want (or even one of HIS friends...you know, to soften the blow should he take it that way)

Good luck, girl! I just know this would happen to me, too (that's why I drop hints while we are out shopping) :)
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• did you browse for rings?
    my bf and i already did that so he knows what i like. should of let him know your style b4 now
    Anonymous

• Be gratful for what you got he was thinking of you when he got you this ring i wouldnt say anything you may hurt his feelings.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You're not marrying the ring you are marrying him! Seriously, how would you feel if the tables were turned, would you want him coming to you after the fact and say I don't like what you picked get me something else. I say deal with it now and later after a few years married perhaps suggest a new ring for an anniversary present.
    Anonymous

• I think you need to very gently tell him that as much as you like the ring it isn't really your style. You will be wearing this ring for the rest of you life, you have a right to have something that you like.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 12:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Tell him you had to take it back to be sized and they offered a free upgrade! I was going to say tell him that they lost it and had to replace it with another but changed my mind. I guess both are a wee bit dishonest. Maybe you could tell him that you had your eye on a specific one and ask him if it would hurt his feelings if you exchanged it for the one you had your heart set on. Tell him the special ring you want is as special as your love for him and only that one will do even though you think the one he picked out is nice.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I just asked my dd about this. It happened to her last year. She wears the ring he picked out around her neck on a chain. She picked out the ring she wears on her finger.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2008