Friends with Benefits..

Please do not answer my question bashing me.

I met this guy and we started a friends with benefits type of thing, or so I assumed. We have slept together twice. I met him threw one of my neighbors and ever since he's met me, he comes around ALOT, everyday. If I'm outside, he looks at me alot. He comes and talks to me and everything. This may be corny but I think it's cute: Last night, he made me a rose out of a paper towel. He told me that a real one would just die and I'd throw it out, so this one will last forever. My heart definately melted. I asked him last night what he wanted (out of us) and he said he doesn't know and that he is being honest about it. I would not mind just being FWB at all but part of me does like him as more. I'm just confused. Does it sound like he likes me as more? How do I get him to tell me what he wants so I can make sure we're on the same page? I'm willing to go either way, I just need to know which so I don't catch any feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• he wants sex.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• honestly i think it's a little late for you to go back to strictly fwb ....it sounds like you are catching feelings already. fwb never ever works out....someone always ends up catching feelings and someone ends up getting hurt. i would ask him again about where he wants this to go, but don't fool yourself into thinking that you're not catching feelings......
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I use to have a "friends with benefits" guy. I now call him husband and we have been married for 9 years. = ) How long have you had this relationship with him?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Not long at all. I've known him a few weeks, started FWB about a week ago. At first I strictly wanted sex but everyone says they think he likes me so I can say, yes I've started catching feelings but I'm not that far in that I can't go back IF that's what he wants. I just want us on the same page!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Communication is so important. Be sure you are both on the same page so no one ends up being hurt.
    TwinsTwice2011

Answer by TwinsTwice2011 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If he is okay with you going on dates with other guys, then he only wants you for the FWB thing. If he wants to keep your benefits for himself, then it might be appropriate to demand more from him. . . .

He would have to be a little more open and honest, though. If he only wants the benefits, he should just flat out say that.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• FWB never works. I had that once...and how he's my husband lol...feelings always come into play and if your heart melted over the paper towel flower then there are feelings there already.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It sounds like he wants more, making you that rose and all, BUT he said he didn't know and he's probably being honest. It may still be a little too soon for him to know what he wants....he's probably as confused as you are. Sex has a way of doing that to people you know. lol. Good luck!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm kind of in the same boat, I really like my ex bf but neither of us are ready or want a relationship right now but i do like him and told him so but he won't say whether he likes me back.. I just wish guys were more open about what they feel.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 11:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Let him figure it out, but don't invest emotion into this man... its possible hes playing you just to get your cookies. I had a friendship like this...it went on for 8 months, and ended with me getting hurt very badly. He would keep me on this string, tell me that he loved this about me, and that, but then just said he wanted to be friends, and why ruin what we have right now because things are going so well...yeah things were going well for HIM...me, i was on the verge of tears every time just wanting him to feel the same way...

In this situation, keep yourself open, but your heart guarded.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2011