A whole brand new life....?

Just want opinions here.... My husband and I have a yours, mine and ours. Married 3+ years, been together for almost 10. I am a designer and have finally been able to start my career at a really great office, getting pretty good pay. Been there for a year and a half.

He's been the sole provider running a chain restaurant for over 6 years. He hates it and it's finally catching up with him. He's always put his family first (there has been ups and downs but we are solid). He's thinking about joining the army.... He just turned 30, the age really isn't the matter here. It's uprooting everything we know. Yes, it would be fun to move around but, I don't know... I like my job, my hand full of friends, all our family is here..My son loves this town/school/friends...... but my husband deserves to finally do something for himself too....

what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That is a tough question. I recommend that you do some serious talking to you DH about your feelings of possibly moving and why you might or might not consider moving.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I went, sometimes the things you love simply have to come before the things you like. What kind of designer are you? maybe you could start your own portable business for when you move? Kids are flexible, he will adjust and find schools and kids he loves just as much, possibly all over the country or even world. Your husband may be taking a huge pay cut though.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 1:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think this is definitely an "ours" decision because it will affect the entire family.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• stability and familiarity are something children really need
    fallenruby

Answer by fallenruby at 1:32 PM on Jun. 18, 2011