• In the Spotlight:

a rash?

my DD had a fever yesturday and wasnt feeling good i took her to the dr and he said she probably was just teething or had a viral infection and would be fine. Well what do you know she seems to be feeling her self again today but i noticed when i changed her diaper this morning she had a light rash all over her belly kinda of like heat rash. what could it be?
oh and shes 15months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It never hurts to call the pediatrician.
    That said, one of my two year olds just got over a virus. He ran a temp for several days and then a day or so after he was back to normal, he had a slight rash on his belly and back. I just watched it for a day and then he was fine.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:40 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I would call your dr again and ask about the rash. just to be careful they like to know when kids have rashes
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I would call! A rash can be nothing but it could also be something they missed
    Frogger33

Answer by Frogger33 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• is she teething? My son would break out in what looked like heat rashes on his face, neck, belly or bottom whenever he would be cutting a new tooth.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 1:30 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Call the doc. There are several things I can think of, but probably even more the doc could think of, then narrow down. THere is a rash that typically follows a virual infection called roseola. It's preceded by a high temp. It oculd be allergies or irrtatied by the diaper / clothing, etc. Again, best bet is to call the doc and see if he wants to see the child.
    Anonymous