HMMMM...

I have been married to my hubby for 10.5 years now. He has always complimented me on how beautiful and sexy I am, even though the majority of the time I have been overweight (not obese but overweight) I have always carried that confidence in myself like I don't have a care in the world but deep down I absolutely can't stand the sight of myself. I want get down to my healthy weight, or at least tone all the flab on my body (hips, thighs, belly, upper arms) but can never seem to stay motivated longer than a week when it comes to eating healthy and exercising. Any helpful suggestions? I can't take this anymore.

MamaCortney

Asked by MamaCortney at 9:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have the same exact problem. I used to be so skinny and know all I think about is how fat I am it make me sick! I wish I had a great answer for you, but all I can do is say you are not alone I feel your pain.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I am 5'8" and weigh 180ish now I used to be 140 and a size 6 when I met my husband and I have let myself go after our 1st shild was born. My hubby said that the only beef he has with me is that I'm not girly enough...I keep telling him that I can be girly if I don't feel girly...with all this weight I can't help but feel kinda 'butch' and I really hate this about myself
    MamaCortney

Comment by MamaCortney (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Listen to your hubby!! Men DO have words of wisdom at times, and he's absolutely right!! Of course you also need to be happy with you, but everyone has things they wish they could change about themselves. You could make a scheduled grocery list of healthy snacks, dinner ideas and other, and maybe if your hub can help you out on doing the grocery shopping himself (if you could trust him lol) so that you would be less tempted at the store when you pass the bakery or soda isle! If there are no bad snacks at home for you to munch on, you're forced to eat something healthy! Taking evening walks even if it is around the block or even more is also great. I personally think you are so pretty, and your motivation should come from being healthy, not trying to look how you once did or wish you could. See, your hubs loves you how you are right now!! I wish mine gave me a compliment once in a while lol.
    a.emily

Answer by a.emily at 10:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have a weight loss support group for those of us looking to lose some weight. We will be starting our Biggest Loser Challenge soon. Come join if you would like. http://www.cafemom.com/group/114329
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 1:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Cut out soft drinks, junk food, refined sugar, learn about hidden sugars, eat more protein and do simple strength training exercises. You can do those while watching tv! You can use resistance bands (again while watching tv or sitting at the computer) to tone up. It won't take but about ten min 3 or 4 times a week. I lost 50 lbs that way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2011