2 month shots questions.

It's been 4 1/2 years since I took a baby to get their 2 month shots. Tomorrow our baby girl gets her 2 month shots (we delayed her HepB at birth so she's never had any shots yet). Do they even make infants Tylenol anymore? I'll have a bottle ready but I don't really know what else to do to prepare. Also, she's getting her ears pierced immediately following the shots. Any advice on that front would be appreciated, too. Thanks, ladies! I feel like a first time mom again. ;)

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 10:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter got i believe 3 or 4 shots for her 2 month shots but she had the hep B shot at birth. As for ear piercing i dont know i'm sorry i'm to worried about infection and some kind of allerigic reaction to the metal...For when she gets her shots the best thing anyone ever taught me was to give her a dose of the tylenol right before you head to the doc so that it has time to kick in for when she gets her shots.
    SarahLynn1985

Answer by SarahLynn1985 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• yeah they have infants tylenol. i don;t know about the ear piercing part because mine was a year when i got hers done. i would say if you aleady delayed her shots then its your call. as long as you have all the information. i don;t remember 2months old shots. i might of only been 2.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I don't do immunizations, but being an older mother and going through 2 sets of children, I actually found that Motrin works better than the Tylenol. As far as the ear piercing, my oldest was 10 months, my second was 3 weeks and my third girl (boy came between the second girl and last child) was 3 months. I didn't have a problem with any of them no matter what age. I felt the earlier the better so they aren't pulling on them.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I think he said it's just two shots. Our son got 5 shots (would've been 6 but they were out of one) at his 4 year check up so the doc was very reassuring that we'd work it out so neither of them ever have to have so many at one time again.
    Anyway, I know there was a recall on Tylenol a while back but we didn't use it to begin with so I wasn't sure. Thanks!
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• if you can, you should hold off the ear piercing until all the shots are done, especially hep b shot, b/c you can get it thru ear piercing if wherever you get it done is not clean.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• yes, they do make infant tyleonl, but I've read that they won't be making it much longer. I wouldn't do the ears right after the shots, that's a lot for one day! Personally, i disagree with piercing infants, but regardless, whatever you do, i always suggest that ANYONE of ANY age getting ANYTHING pierced go to a licensed piercer who uses a needle rather then a place that uses a gun. I know that *I* wouldn't want to get a piercing right after getting a couple shots! If you do it all at once, it IS your choice, but then if she's fussy or has a reaction, you might not be able to tell if it's the shots or the ears, and if there is a reaction to the shots, you want to be able to report it. If you don't know what she's reacting to, you can't really report it.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Motrin DOES work better IMO, but you can't give Motrin to babies under 6 mos.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2011