How did you deal?

DH and I lost our first baby at 8 weeks. I had a D&C Monday. I feel like my world is ending. I know I have to go on, but I'm at a loss as to how. What did you do?

When we're able we are going to try again, but until then what??

mrsjon

Asked by mrsjon at 10:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I miscarried earlier, but I can't imagine it's much easier when you so badly want a baby. I went shopping one day some time after my miscarriage, and I saw this sweet little green baby sleeper with a little duck on it. I picked it up and just stared at it for a minute, took it to the front of the store, bought it, and went back to my car. I sat in my car and looked at this soft, tiny little sleeper and I just cried and cried. It wasn't until then that I really dealt with it. I stayed in my car crying for a long time, and then I just stopped and I felt better. I realized then that it was going to be ok, eventually. I would have a baby and when I did, I would bring him home from the hospital in this little sleeper. I think it was then that I was able to move on. I got pregnant two months later. When my son was born, I brought him home from the hospital in the sleeper, just like I knew I someday would. Good luck. <3
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I lost my second baby right around the same time you did. I was very hard. One of the hardest things I've ever faced. I know how broken your heart is and I am so sorry for your loss.

My best advice is to feel what you feel and don't hold back. If you want to cry--cry. If you want to scream--scream. Don't hold your emotions in. After that----hope. Keep your chin up and be as positive as you can be.

This might sound odd or make me sound like a nut, but I believe we all have souls and our bodies are just shells that house our soul. To me, there was a perfect baby waiting for me--one I was always supposed to have. I miscarried when the "shell" wasn't a perfect one. I got pregnant very soon after my miscarraige and had a son---I guess I look at like I was pregnant with him twice. I was always meant to have Grant. I don't know if that helps you or not.

Hugs to you!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• hugs

Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 10:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I just miscarried in March. It'll probably never stop hurting but it does get better with time. You are allowed to grieve. There is nothing wrong with crying. You have to deal with it however it best helps you. Hang in there. *hugs*
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011