How do I get my 21 month old to stop biting/pinching/hitting?

My son is 21 months old and he has been being mean to anybody and everybody. He is usually the sweetest little thing, but lately, everyone has grown leary of him, you never know when he'll attack. He's even biting other kids at Bible study. I have tried putting him in time out (then he usually starts pinching himself), I've tried positive reinforcement when he is nice, I've even tried explaining that it hurts when he does that and he wouldn't want others to do that to him (crazy I know, he's only 21 months). I am at my wits end over this. What can I do to get my sweet little boy back. He has 2 older siblings (3 & 8) if that information is at all pertinent, also, he doesn't talk well yet, so he gets frusterated trying to get his point across. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you.

S.S.Dakins

Asked by S.S.Dakins at 10:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• might sound crazy but.. bite him back, pinch him bk.. NOT hard jsut to show him it hurts.. i did it to my 15 yr old.. she was the worlds worst... like i said NOT hard to leave marks but just enough so he'll know how it feels.. do u think he will want to do it again if he knows what it feels like...
    bamamaof4

Answer by bamamaof4 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 17, 2011