Read any good books lately???

I want to get lost in a book.. any suggestions??

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 10:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I don't know what you like to read but I like historical fiction and autobiographies. I love things from the past.
    I read "The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette" and it kept me hooked. All about her daily life from before marriage to being queen. How the babies, especially the dauphin(heir) she had, were immediately taken and raised by others. Some of it was taken from actual diaries of her lady-in-waiting etc ...anyway, it kept me hooked to see what they were doing to her the next day. I enjoyed it very much.
    Carrolly Erickson is a very good author and has many books on the lives of all the worlds first ladies, Josephine, wife to Napoleon. Ann Boleyn etc etc., I've read every one.
    I could give you a book list a mile long, lol.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:24 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I literally just finished the book The Help. Awesome book! I hated to see it end. A movie will be out in August.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Two Kisses For Maddy-Matthew Logelin It's a tear jerker of a book but it will also make you laugh too
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The Hunger Games!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• the book the help is awesome!!!!!! but i am also reading the harry potter series never thought i would but my 9 yr old wanted me to read with her and they are really good too:)
    youngs1128

Answer by youngs1128 at 8:42 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I've been reading children's books lately because DS needs to read them for school this upcoming year (we homeschool.) Right now I'm reading Johnny Tremain. Just started it today and liking it so far.

Anonymous

• Thanks for the suggestions I will look into them :) I have been looking for something to read.. A nice book to read on the patio :)
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Reading a book by Tyrese How to get out of your own way
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• thanks for the suggestions!!

Kelly I love true stories!! esp biographies!! I am gonna check out the book about marie antoinette!! thanks!! :)
    and if u have any other suggestions please post them !! :)
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 7:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Check out Catherine Cookson too then. She was a best-selling author from the past from North East of England, who wrote alot of fictional (historical type) books based on characters from her own life. She sold over 100 million copies of her books.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Cookson

There is a list of her works/novels here. Several were made into tv movies and I have every dvd. Loved the!! I don't know if it's your thing but atleast you can look and decide.
    Happy reading!! I love to read....it takes me far, far away, :-)
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:18 AM on Jun. 17, 2011