Is your dad still here or is he in heaven ( or whatever you believe in that happens when you die)?

My dad passed away in 2008 :(

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 10:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm sorry to hear that. My dad is still living, just turned 59. I had dinner with him tonight.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My father has passed, and although I very much believe in Heaven, I cannot be sure that's where he is.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm sorry about your dad.. my dad is currently still alive.. he'll be 49 in another few weeks...
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I am very sorry for your loss. Daddy's are wonderful, and mine, believe it or not, is still alive, and kicking. He will be 87 this year...still lives in his own home, drives his own car, gardens, bird watches, etc! I think he will probably out live my two brothers and me! I live in north Tennessee, and he lives outside of Birmingham, AL...he drove to see my mother in north Alabama, alone, 3 weeks ago,(she is 79 and is in assisted living for Alzheimer's), then drove 3 more hours to come visit my husband and me in Tennessee! He is amazing! Here's to ALL of the wonderful Father's out there, both on earth and in Heaven! Happy Father's Day! God Bless them all!
    Lynda-Lou

Answer by Lynda-Lou at 12:43 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• My dad passed away in 2007 :(
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss.. My dad is still living and will be 62 next year
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My dad is barely hanging on. He turned 61 this year.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My dad died last December. Then my father-in-law died in April. Rough times here.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• thanks and I am sorry for your losses as well :(

and for you ladies that still have your dad , cherish the time you have with him :)

I am missing him today.. I guess with fathers day coming up and he never got to meet his 1st and only granddaughter.. I think thats what upsets me the most.. I know he would have been such a great pop pop to my DD.. he would have been 57 this year (in feb)
    I like to think my DD sees him every now and again.. I think he comes to visit her :) Or at least I would like to think that.
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My dad died June 28th, 2003 in his chair at home of a heart attack. I was there with him in his last minutes and got to hold his hand and tell him I loved him as he died.

I'm sorry for your loss. I miss my dad a lot sometimes.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011