can someone give me advice on weaning. how long should it take. which feeding should i try to drop first/last. i have heard that cabbage on your nipples dries up your milk in 24 hours. truth or rumor? should i do cabbage after my weaning has been established or just flat out put the veggies on! ha sorry for so many questions, just little time to be on here lately! thanks ladies~

2maidsamilkin

Asked by 2maidsamilkin at 12:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Health

• I believe that you should do weaning over a pd of time... unless it's some kind of emergency and you have to do it RIGHT NOW.... that way it gives your baby and you time to adjust.... less soreness.... and nothing dries up your milk in 24 hours... unless you don't really have that great of supply in the first place.... try dropping meals closest to when you eat first.... that way the baby can eat meals with the family and is to busy to realize he's not nursing.... morning feedings next... and lastly night time feedings..... but I would do it over a period of a few months... not days.... your body will gradually start making less milk .... and it won't be so hard on your body.... if you do it cold turkey it can cause an infection and clogged milk ducts.... NOT GOOD....
    BabyDio

Answer by BabyDio at 1:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2008