I am 14 going on 15 and I throw tantrums like a three year old?

I rarely threw tantrums when I was little..and now I do it everytime I get angry? Please Help. I have had a history of wanting to commit suicide and walking around my house with knives after having my tantrums. I have also have wanted to pack my things and leave after fights with my parents. I do get almost everything I could want and more. I have been bullied since 1st. grade and i have been sexually assualted by my friends..multiple times?? Please help me..I am afraid to tell my parents that I hurt..they will just think I am being dramatic like always. Lately I have been unusually tired and I cry at night? What could be wrong with me? Hormones or something more serious? This is all in the past year by the way...

tbare

Asked by tbare at 10:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• Why are you on cafemom?
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Honey, you sound how I was at that age and I ended up being diagnosed as bipolar. Ask to see a therapist.
    Anonymous

• And btw, it is not horomones. If u get help now, u won't feel like your life was ruined.
    Anonymous

• Sweetie you need to talk to your parents about the sexual assault and walking around the house with knives. Being unusually tired and crying at night , sounds like your depressed. You have to talk to someone about what's been going on. Do you think your parents would support you with getting therapy? I'm sorry that your going through this...just know that after the rain the sun will shine, but you must try to get some type of help. Good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 10:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Have you considered speaking with the school councilor? I'm trying to take this question seriously, so I hope you're not playing a joke. Suicidal thoughts are not funny. If school is out then seek council from a church in your area please.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Talk to your parents and get into therapy. If you really can't bring yourself to talk to your parents about it, just ask them for therapy and work on ways to open up to them there. Whatever you do, you really should have counseling at the very least. And if you EVER feel like you're going to harm somebody (even yourself) tell somebody immediately. Not just a friend - a parent, school counselor, or even go to the hospital.

PP - she's probably on CM because she wants motherly advice and is afraid to seek it from her own mother.
    xtwistedxlovex

Answer by xtwistedxlovex at 10:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's very normal for girls your age to have little "rage" moments; being a teenager is hard, emotionally, and sometimes you may not feel you're in control of your emotions. That's normal. But I do agree with the previous replies that if you seriously have thoughts of harm or self-harm, you should talk to someone in real life: school councilor or parent or other adult relative who you trust. Growing up is hard, expecially through these years, around 14 to 16, so don't feel like a weirdo. It is normal. You will get a better hold on your emotions and a better hold on your life as you get older. *hugs* Thanks for coming to us. Good luck.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Oh, and by the way, you've taken a big step in the right direction by looking here for help. Please continue to reach out - to friends, family, who-ever you are comfortable with, until you find the support and comfort you need. Crying at night, tantrums, these things are very normal. Self harm is not, and sexual abuse is never okay. But you're showing maturity and sensible thinking reaching out to CafeMom moms for advice.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Talk to your parents. I'm 31 and still have rages and fits where I break things and act crazy. It started around your age, but i had felt "not normal" since elementary school. It wasn't until last year I got a rapid cycling bipolar diagnosis. I also started around 14-15 yrs old self injuring, cutting with razor blades, knives, whatever was handy. The knives thing scares me. I wouldn't want anyone else to go down that path as it's hard to stop. I was taken by ambulance just last year for cutting my forearm open, badly. I was stiched up and held for psych eval. it's embarressing to admit that but if my story can help i'm glad to share. My parents weren't understanding so i was untreated basically until last year. I don't want you to go thru anything i have. I hope you seek help from someone, even if you can't talk to your parents. ((hugs))
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• go too doctor be checked out
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2011