Mommies in late pregnancy

I am 35 weeks. And I've noticed that when I go pee and then wipe it feels kinda swollen down there around the opening where baby comes out. Its not painful or anything and doesnt bug me. This is my second pregnancy and I never noticed this with my first one. I was just wondering if any of you other mommies that are around the same time frame have noticed this too? Do you think its normal and its just means that baby has dropped?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It happened to me as well when I was pregnant. It just means the ligaments are stretching down there and its preparing for birth. I hear that sometimes that area will heal tighter than it was before your first baby, maybe that is why you did not feel it the first time? Or you might have more bloodflow in that are this time around are you on your feet too much or too little?
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 11:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm on my feet a lot
    SMG1120

Comment by SMG1120 (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Its probably just the increase in blood supply and pressure. I didn't notice it, but my LP did.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2011