UTI? adult content

yesterday morning I noticed I might be starting to get a UTI, but by last night and today it is unberable. I never feel like my bladder is empty, it hurts when I pee and there is even some blood. I went to the urgent care to get antibiotics and I actually tested negative for UTI! WTH?

He prescribed me antibiotics anyway "in case" I need them. Stupid. I started taking them tonight becuase I'm pretty certain it is a UTI anyway. My question is, what else could it be? Does anyone know something else these symptoms could attribute to? I don't have back pain, I haven't vomitted or anything like that.

CJM_SHM

Asked by CJM_SHM at 10:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• It could be a passing kidney stone. But, there is always user error with the leukocyte tests that the urgent cares use, so you very well could have a UTI.

It you are not feeling tons better within 48 hours, I would make a trip to your primary care.

Hope you feel better soon!!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Sounds like a UTI to me. ..Maybe if it's not it's some direct kidney thing? Hmm.
    Anonymous

• Thats weird that you tested negative because i had those same symptoms and it was a UTI. I bought an over the counter medication and it helped to relieve the pain but it never fully went away until i went to the doctor and got a prescription. It sounds like your doctor shouldve done a second test on you.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• yeah, I was thinking user error or maybe even its very early on for a positive test. IDK, but I'm hoping the antibiotics work asap. This is killer :(
    CJM_SHM

Comment by CJM_SHM (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have tested negative many times when I knew it was a UTI. Sometimes I think I am just so familiar with the symptoms that I know what's going on before it shows up and end up drinking a ton, taking Cystex and cranberry, and it messes up the test. Take the antibiotics and I'm sure it will clear up soon.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My niece had this same thing happen, pain, blood in urine. She went to the ER and found out she had several kidney stones. I had the blood in urine, bladder not emptying but no pain. I got a CT scan to check for kidney stones and was negative. I also was negative for UTI but was given antibiotics also, just in case. I ended up having to see a urologist and having a cystoscopy. They never found anything and it resolved on its own...thousands of dollars in testing later lol
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• So, I took my first dose of antibiotic last night and am feeling better already! I am so happy antibiotics wok as fast as they do!
    CJM_SHM

Comment by CJM_SHM (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• have doctor test u
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• YAY! I am glad you are feeling better!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2011