Nook, Kindle, or something else?

I am wanting to get one of them..what are pros/cons of each? What do you like BEST about them?

nsrush83

Asked by nsrush83 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Technology

• I have a Kindle and I like it a lot, but I've never used any other e reader so I can't really answer the question I guess. Here is how I feel about the Kindle: One big pro is that you can sync with your PC, laptop, phone and Kindle and no matter where you are you can start reading your book right where you left off. One big con is that you can't share your books with friends. Technically, you could give them your password for your kindle account and they could log onto your account on their kindle and read the book then log off, but I don't like giving my passwords out like that. I'm not positive, but I believe that you can share books with the nook, and the nook is in color too I think. If you are downloading magazines you may want color. If you go to any barnes and noble store they have a rep there with nooks for you to sample.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Thanks!
    nsrush83

Comment by nsrush83 (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I like this review too:http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/kindle-nook-ipad-galaxy-tab/story?id=12454782

It explains that the color screens cause more glare than the E ink screens and also explains the thing on the nook about sharing books...guess it's not as easy as I though.  IDK...it seems to me after watching these reviews that the kindle may just be best.  

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have a Kindle as well (the first generation) - I love it!! it's amazing! :}
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 12:19 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have it on my iPad. Works great.lots off free books on on the iBook app.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 12:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Tablets, such as the iPad, are going to replace book readers. They do the same thing and much more.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 8:01 AM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Thanks, I want an Ipad..but there just so expensive!
    nsrush83

Comment by nsrush83 (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2011