Can they tell if you are pregnant when you have a CT scan?

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 10:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• They should have done a pregnancy test first, regardless of your tubes being tied. Did you ask for one? CT' s are usually pretty specific as to what area they are looking at so I don't know if they would notice a pregnancy, especially a new one. See your doc for a blood test.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Well, you're not supposed to have a cat scan when you're pregnant, so if you need one but you might be pregnant let them know. If you're trying to hide a pregnancy, yes, they'll see it if they're looking in your lower abdomen.
    Anonymous

• is the ct of your abdomen/uterus area? i am not sure. but i would find out if they allow pregnant individuals take those scans and find out before you get the scan done. good luck.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Depends on what they are scanning, but this should not be done without first knowing if you are pregnant or not. It is risky to the baby.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• That should be on the intake form, because they really don't want to CT scan someone who is pregnant unless it is an emergency. And, then, they would only be able to tell if the pic was of your abdomen.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• well I am asking cuz I was having really bad low tummy pain last week and my tubes are tied and thats what I told them so they did a ct cuz they thought I was having kidneys problems but it showed nothing was wrong with my kidneys, but now I have been showing a few first signs of being pregnant, Sam exact signs I first saw with my other 4 pregnant times.
    SkylaReneeMom

Comment by SkylaReneeMom (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• usually even if your fixed or say you have not had sex, they check first anyway.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:45 AM on Jun. 17, 2011