Has anyone tried the "dry conditioner" and does it work?

Its a hair product you use in between showers to keep your hair from looking and feeling greasy.

campbellb3421

Asked by campbellb3421 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• I didnt like it and it didnt seem to work
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I like to make my blowouts and flat irons worth the effort, and I don't like washing my hair more than every other day. So I was all for trying a dry shampoo. I was already skipping days of washing, but wanted something to perk up my hair on those off days.

My stylist recommended dry shampoo, and named a few. I asked her if she used one, and she laughed and said she just used baby powder. Regular old baby powder. A little dust in the hands, rubbed into the scalp and roots. Works great. And I already had baby powder in the house to try - double bonus!

It (and the dry shampoos) doesn't actually get your hair cleaner, but it absorbs the oil from the scalp at the roots that makes hair greasy looking. If you aren't going to wash, it's a good option versus nothing. If you are deciding wash or dry shampoo, you probably won't be as happy with the outcome.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2011