when do you get taken out of work

i work at a stwarts and i wanted to know when they may take me out i am due on the 12 of march and i want to be ready to not have a pay check comming in
Can someone plz help

Thanks

heidicummins03

Asked by heidicummins03 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• your work wont make you quit infact they cant. you can work all the way up till you go into labor if you want as long as nothing is wrong and your dr says its fine. its all up to you. if you do alot of lifting you may wana not do that so much but they will just have to find you something else to do.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• They don't take you out. Either your baby comes and you take maternity leave, or your doctor thinks it is wise not to work and you start your maternity leave early. Your boss has nothing to do with it.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 12:32 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I worked until the day before my son was born....but if it gets too much make sure you take it easy so you don't hurt yourself or the baby.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I agree with the other posters. Also, if you plan on going back to work fairly soon after the baby is born you should check with your employer about maternity leave. Some employers actaully offer paid or partial paid maternity leave; I know most don't, but it's worth checking into.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I was planning on leaving work 1 week before my due date, but I was pulled out due to medical complications--not pregnancy related, but it contributed. Work as long as you want, just don't overdue it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:36 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Do they have a policy re: maternity leave? When I was working, my company's policy was that we got 4 weeks off before and 6 weeks off after. I felt so good with my pregnancy and my doctor agreed that it was OK so I negotiated to take only one week off before and add those "before" weeks to my "after" weeks so I took 9 weeks off in total afterwards.
    Anonymous

• i dont get mutrnity leave i am only part time and the father has nothing to do with it so i cant even depend on him
    heidicummins03

Answer by heidicummins03 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It's all up to you.
    amber1216

Answer by amber1216 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have the exact same due date! I'm planning on working till the very end, maybe even the day before I go into labor to ensure that I can use all my leave time for after the baby. My work has not expressed any desire to have me leave work before that, but I have no complications and have a very sedentary job.
    Anonymous