Does it matter how much u walk

does it matter how much u walk when your prego. am at the end an been walken hopen that it helps diolat me more but not sure if it has i hope it has but idk what do u think been walken about 2 miles at a time up hill stright an down.

BOOKER123ABC

Asked by BOOKER123ABC at 11:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Walk a lot only if it does not cause you pain. Muscle pain is ok of course. You can tell the difference.

You might want to try things that ripen your cervix like evening primose oil or the ejaculate from your SO's man stuff? The later is very recommended if you do not have pains down there. It might help you dilate more. Spicy foods are also known to help you go into labor.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 11:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• thanks
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The dr. told me that the more you walk the more the "braxton hicks contractions" will happen. All bhc are is the cervix getting ready for the show. So in THEORY the more you walk the sooner you should be ready to deliver.
    I know I walked for hours and it didnt help me have her any sooner the dr. still had to induce me. All I can say is Braxton Hicks are a pain in the butt.
    katmiksits86

Answer by katmiksits86 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• well i went to doc yesterday an think i will have the baby this weekend cuz i have progressed so much so fast 2 weeks ago nothing last week 70 percent effaced this Monday same an finger tip an now 100 percent effaced an 1cm
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I walked my rear off with my last and it didn't help, I cried the day I went in to be induced cause I wanted to have her natural and drug free ,due to saftey I could only wait 3 days past my due date, and I didn't want and epi and being induced well it hurts a lot worse (did to me anyway) but she came so fast I didn't get any pain meds. ugg
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I encourage you to not walk anymore than what you do anyhow, normally, in regular life.

And most importantly:
    AVOID vaginal exams.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• y is this an y adviod exams
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• OOPS:

* No, Braxton Hicks may be a sign of doing TOO much, not of the body getting closer to labor.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• oh ok lol
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Walking a little bit here and there helps baby to move down to a lower pelvic station and press more on the cervix.
    No reason to do it anymore than it's already doing it, it won't FORCE baby down farther.

BUT it can make us have braxton hicks which can be a sign of the body being overworked.
    Time to "listen" to the body that "yells" at us, and slow down, hydrate, rest, nourish, prepare for eventual labor.

:-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2011