How do I prevent inner thigh chaffing?

I would like to wear skirts once in a while, but I detest pantyhose and without them, my thighs rub together and chaff. What can I do? I've tried some chaffing cream and baby powder, but I have to keep reapplying it, which can be a PITA. I used to love a baby product called liquid powder, but I can't find it anymore. Any suggestions?

elwalters77

Asked by elwalters77 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• This can help: http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=818065876/search=blistershield/st=product/sv=title

I work with Athletes... you DO NOT have to be overweight to have chafing!! That was totally an ignorant comment from anon!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• monistat makes a chaffing gel that drys into a smooth powder its over with the monistat stuff..my dr told me about it bc of the same thing..its at walmart only a few bucks a tube and it lasts a long while
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I also like to wear skirts/dresses and I am still trying to lose baby weight. I like to wear those tight running/ biker shorts (100% cotton only) under my clothes so my thigh skin doesnt touch and when I go out I wear those control top shorts that go up high in the waist and above the knee.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 11:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• first off- Oh thats rude!!! to the first person who answered, and I am in great shape and still have the same problem when I wear skirts, so DO NOT JUDGE!!!

Second - Dollar tree still sells it, and if your area does not have a dollar tree then you can order it off line threw many different web sites google it!!!
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 11:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• so the 1st person i have played sports my entire life and have muscular thighs that rub so it has nothing to do with being fat!! im in the Army i cant be fat they have weight standards and i work out every single day thank you!!!! but neways back to the ? I always use baby powder even at PT i rub it on my thighs before i put my spandex on iv always had this problem tho and kind of just suck it up and deal with it lol but baby powder seems to work for me
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• BABY POWDER & CARRY IT WITH YOU.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Wow, Anon. Um, first of all, I have medical conditions that make losing weight quite difficult and even if I were successful, it would take a long time, so in the mean time, what shall I do? Your answer is useless. I hope it makes you feel better about yourself to be rude anonymously on cm. Anyway, even before my medical conditions and weight gain, when I was a field hockey player, I still had this problem. Some people are just built that way.
    elwalters77

Comment by elwalters77 (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The first poster is right. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it rude. The truth hurts unless you're willing to accept it *shrugs* I am a plus sized gal myself and that was my first thought too. Gels, powders, lotions, etc are not going to help if you're overweight.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Wear spanx or some other kind of undergarment, or you can try Silky Sheets- It's a spray talc, wonderfully scented, and can be used anywhere! Good for under boob sweat too!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Bike shorts.
    H.Unger

Answer by H.Unger at 11:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2011