Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Insurance question regarding trampoline accident at neighbors house

I asked a similar question a while back but here goes...

Long story short, my dd broke her arm on the neighbors trampoline. Now my health insurance wants info on their insurance. I was really hoping to avoid this and take care if if all without involving them:(

Just wondering if anyone knows what happens after I submit this? What if they don't have homeowners insurance or a policy that doesn't cover trampolines?


Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 19 (6,704 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • When my kids were in Middle School, the little boy next door (he was in MS too) came over when we were not home & was playing on our Trampoline & broke his arm too- our Homeowners paid all of his bills w/ no problem & we didn't have to have anything extra on our policy for having a Trampoline- the insurance probably just needs the information for the claim- i am sure if their Homeowners doesn't pay for everything your insurance will pick it up- i wouldn't worry- that's what they have Homeowners for & your insurance isn't going to decline your bills b/c she fell off of a Trampoline; it was a Accident- lots of luck:)


    Answer by daisyb at 12:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • Just one more thing, my situation may have been different since i actually lived at the address too where the accident happened, even though it was my parents house and they had the homeowners. But after you submit that they will contact their homeowners company and see if it should be covered under that. If not, they will pay. They won't leave you out to dry. If it's not covered by the homeowners they will pay it as a normal claim (or they should.)

    Answer by Trinity001 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • They should have offered you that to begin with. I hate trampolines for this reason. They are a total liability. Depending on your insurance, there may be something similar to uninsured motorist coverage if you get what I mean. If you told them it was at the neighbors house they immediately go to their insurance.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • hmm I am not sure.. here is a bump hope you find what you are looking for.. good luck

    Answer by Emmajosmommy at 11:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • if u signed a paper stating that u wouldnt go after them for pain a suffering an for them to pay the meducal bills then your incurance will pay for it

    Answer by BOOKER123ABC at 11:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • The letter says that the hospital reported it as an accident and they need more information... "Your group plan has provisions which require you to reimburse the plan for any amounts it might pay for services related to an injury if someone else is found to be at fault, or responsible to pay for the charges".


    Comment by Mel_in_PHX (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • I know it's awkward momma! But this really is what homeowners insurance is for. It's nice of you to be concerned for you neighbor. But make sure you do what you gotta do to get her better!

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • BOOKER it's not up to her to say she isn't going after their insurance company. That means nothing in their eyes.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • Health insurance companies look for any reason not to pay. My ds got a skull fracture at 10 months old falling off my parents basement stairs. He was an early walker, dh ran to the bathroom a second, and he climbed on the steps. Anyway, I got a letter from my insurance afterwards for information on where the accident happened, who's house, what was their homeowners insurance. We lived with my parents at the time so I just put on there it happened at home and sent it back. Never heard anything else. As far as i know you don't have to tell them where she was. Just put it happened at home and send it back if you don't wanna involve the neighbors insurance. I work for a health insurance company and i don't think you would get in any trouble, i never heard another word. it's up to you though.

    Answer by Trinity001 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • I'd give them the homeowners name and address but I would NOT go asking them for their insurance info. Let the insurance company chase that info down - they have a whole department fro that stuff. Your insurance will duke it out with their insurance. The Homeowners may even get a bill from your insurance company if they didn't have the right coverage. But that would be only fair - it was their liability to assume when they bought the tramp and then let your DD play on it.


    Answer by Crafty26 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

Next question in Money & Work
To file for foodstamps....?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Anyone ever???...