Do this sound right to you? adult content

My neighbor, who is also my husbands cousin, has 5 daughters from 4 different men. Any guy that this woman is with, she has her daughters call him daddy. Its a bit sickening. The oldest is 14 years old, and the youngest is 2 years old. The baby daddy of her youngest, left my husbands cousin and just moved out and has the youngest 4 days a week, and comes on thursday to drop her off over here for the rest of the week.

The 14 year old has an odd relationship with the youngests father. Once my husband and I saw them wrestling through the window, and when he saw that we saw them, he got this reallllly guilty look on his face, and closed the curtain. Hes a lot younger than my husbands cousin, shes almost 40 and hes 24.

I see her oldests daughters posts on facebook, and they told to eachother in an almost flirtatious way, it bothers me. This man has only been in these girls lives for 2 years.

Today when he dropped of his daughter, he picked up the oldest one, and they went somewhere. The mother wasn't home, and on the oldests facebook page, she said, my moms not home, I think I'm going to sit back and watch a movie by myself. That was when he came and picked her up. So not only did he drop off his 2 year old when the mother wasn't home, but he left with the 14 year old, who isn't his daughter, and he left a 2 year old, 6 year old, 10 year old and 11 year old, by themselves...at home.

What does that look like to you?

I have no proof that he is sexually molesting her, but...I'm fairly certain something is going on that is very inappropriate. No idea what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• sounds fishy to me........
    kamrynlily07

Answer by kamrynlily07 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• WOW, HERE'S A BUMP....EVEN THOUGH THE 14 YR OLD IS GOING ALONG WITH IT IT'S TILL WRONG SOMETHING SHOULD BE QUESTIONED SOON.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'd be more concerned about leaving the little one home with no responsible adult there. Fourteen year old could have an innocent but friendly relationship with the little ones daddy, but someone should have been home with the kids!!!!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• You need to tell your cuzin in law about this!
    MsVanqueOsg

Answer by MsVanqueOsg at 11:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree with judimary. It LOOKS kind of suspicious, but it could be totally innocent. I would be concerned about leaving little kids at home without supervision.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Follow your instincts mama - let your husband know and see if he will talk to his cousin. If he won't you have to say something to the cousin - even if it is something like, "I love you and your kids and I only want the best for you. I'm concerned because I saw . . ." then relate what you have seen both in person and read on Facebook. The 14-year old probably thinks the attention this guy is paying her is the best thing that has ever happened to her; but you know the 24 year old is exploiting and possibly taking advantage of her. Then, let your DH cousin take it from there - hopefully, she will listen and will take action. If she doesn't, then if it were me, I would definitely talk to (or have DH talk to) the 24 year old man. He may deny, deny, deny, but he will also know that you are on to and watching him. Praying for your family.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 11:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree judimary...My husbands cousin really pisses me off because she does that a lot. Leaves the kids home by themselves. Shes terribly irresponsible. I don't know what to do, my husband says not to get involved because the mother is all about drama, but how can I not when her childrens lives could be in danger. How can I just turn away when I'm seeing that this man could possibly be doing something to this girl. I know it sounds like it could possibly be an innocent relationship, but the way they talk to eachother, and the way he looks when we see him...I just can't help but really think that he is doing something he shouldn't be....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would call the cops if you catch him dropping leaving the younger ones alone. Most states the youngest they can be left with is a 13 yr old. Once the cops get involved, things would get looked into.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Why don't you take the 14 year old to go eat lunch and try talking to her about it. Maybe casually ask her what she thinks about him. Is he a good daddy to the 2 year old? How does he treat the others? How do you ( the 14 year old) get along with him? What do you guys do when he picks you up? where do you go? Those types of questions. Pay close attention to her reaction, body language etc... I would also talk to your husbands cousin about her leaving with him and leaving the little ones alone. Try talking to the 14 year old first and then your hubby's cousin, just in case the mom gets upset with you she may not allow the 14 year old to speak to you. ??? Anyway, good luck.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Go with your gut! No responsible mother would leave young children alone to fend for themselves..........and the other issue definitely sounds fishy! Make some calls. When it all boils down....the safety of all the children is what's most important.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2011