I'm about 7 weeks pregnant. All my tests are negative as well as the blood test. Is there a chance I could still have a normal pregnancy. I'm worried it could be an ectopic. Can someone relate with news that can lift my spirits.

I know I am definitely pregnant despite what all the tests read. I have all the symptoms to include a small baby bump. This is my second pregnancy so I know what it feels and looks like. Please do not respond to this with a "You may not be pregnant or it could be emotional." I am pregnant and I am looking for someone who can relate to this. I'm hoping it is possible that in a few weeks a pregnancy test will show up positive but so scared it won't and this could mean danger for me and my baby. Has anyone had this happen and had everything end up ok? I have an OBGYN appointment scheduled for the end of July. I will be 3 months! by then but that was all I could get. Anyone who has been in my shoes that can offer advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I made it to the 3 month mark with my son before I knew I was pregnant lol. And he came out just fine and is still going strong 5 years later, that was my easiest pregnancy. If you think you are just eat right and buy some prenatal vitamins. Good luck !!!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have had an ectopic pregnancy. They are scary and nothing to fool around with. They still show up on pregnancy tests, though.

Is it possible to get an ultrasound? Could you request one and pay out of pocket for it or something?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• cant you go to another docter? why wait till the of july if you think you are prego... go now.. dont wait..
    bamamaof4

Answer by bamamaof4 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• another thing.. i havent been in your shoes but the reason you could think u are prego and NOT have a period is beacause u want a baby so bad and your body MIGHT think its prego.. I have 5 kids.. and wanted one so bad that i told myself i was prego and i wasnt.. and i just talked to my ob/gyn nurse and theres no way that all the test come up neg and the blood test come up neg and you be prego.. you can have a few neg BUT have atleast one pos and be prego... im praying for you the best of luck
    bamamaof4

Answer by bamamaof4 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm with Ati... I've also had an ectopic and my pregnancy tests were positive right away. They're no joke. I was 8 weeks when it was discovered to be ectopic and I got rushed into emergency surgery within hours. I was in no pain and had no idea. It was a crazy situation.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• you need to have an ultrasound done!!! i took like 5 pee test at the hospital because they were trying to figure out what was wrong with me they all came back negative each time!!! i knew i was pregnant though so they finally did a blood test n it cam back positive i was only 4 weeks at the time......like 3 weeks later they had me back down there and did another pee test because they didnt have in my record that i was pregnant "gota love the army" and it came back negative so then when i told him i already knew i was pregnant they set up and ultrasound to make sure it was all crazy though.....but i was in korea and i wasnt at the main base so i didnt have the best technology my 1st ultrasound was done on a tiny portable ultrasound machine.... but since i wasnt stationed in Yongson i wasnt seen again until i got back to the states because they were always booked i guess they didnt care if active duty wasseen first
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 2:13 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I read that the pee tests can be negative, but the blood tests can be positive. i think if all the tests are negative...then I don't think you're pregnant. But I don't know though. If you really think you're pregnant, go see a doctor right away. I wouldn't wait till the end of July
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 4:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I really hate to say this. After I had my daughter I got prego again and it took like 3 months to get a positive test and when I did I went to the doctor. Now I had all the symptoms, sore breast, cravings, morning sickness, ect and no period for that 3 months before I got a positive test. When I went to the doctor they did an ultrasound and said I was only like 4 to 5 weeks pregnant, which didnt add up. The next week they did another ultrasound, nothing changed. As it turns out I was pregnant but it was just an empty egg sac. There was no baby in there. It grew but with no baby. Thats why I didnt have a period and all the symptoms but no positive test for 3 months. So I'm not saying thats what you have but it is a possibility. You wanted similar stories and thats mine.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Im praying for the best..
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 4:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2011