Did you swaddle your baby? When did you wean him or her off the swaddle?

My mother-in-law goes around telling all her friends that my daughter is too big and too old to be swaddled.   Then, they all chime in and agree with her.  My baby is now 5 months old and she was just weaned off the swaddle a week ago. 

I really do not see any problem with her being swaddled for this long if it helps her sleep. 

Did you swaddle your baby?  When did you wean him or her off the swaddle?

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 12:25 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Did I not read the whole question or did you edit it? lol.

I stopped swaddling my daughter around 4 months, but started again at 8 months until about 10 months, to answer your question.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We swaddled my daughter. Seemed to help the colic a little. I weaned her when she was 25 months.

We did not swaddle my son. He was happy enough, didn't ever need it. He's 10 months and we have no plans on weaning any time soon.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• No never with any of them
    retent

Answer by retent at 12:30 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We didn't swaddle the oldest, it seemed to annoy her, but the twins adored it. Weaning was different with the oldest also, she was nursed about 1/2 time until about 10 months, then we went to water and 1/2 juice in a sippy cup at 12 months and full weaning at 18 months. The twins were delayed developmentally so they were about 6 months later, and they had formula much longer. This was to increase calories. At 2 we transitioned to sippy cups with 1/2 whole milk and 1/2 pediassure, again for the calories.
    quinnmommy

Answer by quinnmommy at 12:46 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• she never wanted to be swaddled. she always kicked her self out of it
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Oh no honey you read it correctly! After I read a few answers I saw that I was not clear with my question so I editted it. Lol I was hoping you saw the new edit because I saw your post and thought wow that is a long time. Haha!!!!
    Gingerwheel

Comment by Gingerwheel (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We did for the first few months then stopped when they started kicking the blanket apart.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i swaddled my daughter because it was the only way she would sleep but after like 4 months i ddnt swaddle her tight so she could get out of it thats kind of how i broke her from it by the time she was 6 months she would just lay down with a blanket an go to sleel
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• every now and then i would with my daughter till she was 3 months old but she never really cared which way
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I did as long as my dd would let me. And it deff lasted at least 6 months because I live where it is cold so she was always swaddled.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 5:20 AM on Jun. 17, 2011