Added a question to this: If you stopped getting the depo shot after first round....

If you stopped getting the depo shot after first round....

how much weight did you gain? And how long did it take for you to lose the weight?

So question to go with my question: After you stopped the depo shot how long after not getting the next shot did it take for you to stop gaining weight? I am due to get it wednesday but won't be obviously but will i still continue to gain weight? I have already gained 15 lbs since i first got the shot. :/

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I have used the depo shot 2 times, the first time I took it for a year and I don't know how much weight I gained, if any, I was so overweight I never looked at a scale, lol. This last time I only had 1 shot, I don't think I gained much, maybe a couple lbs. So I can't help you much there either :( Sorry that happened and I hope you can lose what you want!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:41 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• i gained my first shot and ten didn't gain any after my second shot i was on it for three years
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 12:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• *then
    mamawilbur

• if you stay active then u should gain ne weight but if you just go sit on the couch n eat chips n cookies then yea your going to gain weight!!! but that regardless of being on BC!! i was on it before i was pregnant for 3 years but i was playing sports year round i ddnt gain ne weight this time iv been on it for a year and havent gained weight
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:53 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think I got 2 rounds, and I gained about 30 pounds total. What I heard is that Depo Provera can mess with your hormone levels (obviously) and make you feel hungry when you aren't. Women eat and eat and eat, and that's why they gain weight.

I consistently worked out but still gained weight on this. I hate all types of hormonal birth control, and I won't use any of them anymore because of side effects. Go natural-it's better for you.
    rachelrothchild

Answer by rachelrothchild at 12:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2011