What is a good part-time job?

I feel like i just need a part-time job to help out to have a lil extra money but to also have adult talk time too. What is a good job? If you have a part time job, what do you do? do you like it? What is child care rates for part-time? Is the money worth it in the end? Just been doing some thinking and wanted some opinions? I have been a stay at home mom til my son was 14 months, then he came to the daycare i worked at til he was 26 months and we have been home since. It would be good to have him around other kids for a lil bit during the week and for me to get a lil break from him too if ya momma's know what i mean :)

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I work in retail and i love it but because i get to meet new people (the mall i work in is for tourist). But all you need for it to be a good job is for you to do something you want to do not because you need the money.
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm a server and I make great money. I know a lot of girls who only do it part time as well. You get to meet new people and have "grown up talk"
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 12:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• When I was just out of high school in my forst year of college, I was a waitress and I loved it! I put any tips I made (which was usually $20 a day at least) in a jar that I just kept under my bed for a rainy day, and lived off my paychecks. It was GREAT! I miss it alot actually.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:44 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Oh I bartended, cocktailed and waited tables for years! I really loved it!!!! I also really enjoyed working at a golf course, a flower shop, and at a make-up counter.

As for part time child care, find someone you trust who could also use some adult time and swap kiddo care days. Its free and your child has a playmate!!!! If you do not know anyone close to your child's age, just ask you friends if they know anyone. You will find someone one of these days soon!
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I am a part-time bus Driver... If you work for the school you always get the holidays and summer off with your children. This way you won't have to worry about Child care. .. And if they are under school age.. Most have a PreSchool Program.. This works out great for me. Cause I hate to miss Christmas with my kids. and I can't think of another Job that For sure lets you off the same holidays as your children., This is a Shoe in.. Good luck
    angduse1

Answer by angduse1 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2011