Photography prices - How much would you pay me? (pics inside)

Just wondering if Im overpricing? or underpricing? Ill let you know what I charge people after I hear your opinions (: Thanks!

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Oh, I forgot details, lol. I dont do prints, usually they get about 200 photos. I edit them, and put both the original & edits onto a photo cd, and give them to them within 2-3 days after the shoot. Along with a signed copyright release form, so they can have them printed off wherever & how ever much they want (:
    Jessica1991

Comment by Jessica1991 (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I'm really cheap and I have always thought that people charge WAAAYYYY too much for photography. So with that in mind, for everything you just mentioned, I would feel like I was getting a good deal at $150 if we came to you. If you came to us (wedding, birth, etc), I think $200 is a great deal.

I wouldn't personally pay more than that, but like I said, I'm super cheap and hate paying for pictures lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I think it really all depends on where you are located! But I like when people give CDs :) I would probably pay...$50 for an hour and maybe $150 for the CD? That is what I paid the last time we did family photos, not in a studio or anything. But again, all depend on where you live/work! And the compatition!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:43 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Also, those are beautiful pictures. My favorite is the baby :)
    Ati_13

• Oh beautiful work!!!!!

For the cd of 200 pictures: $100
    For the edits: $150 (Your edits are really good and I am sure they take more time taking the pictures, Please correct me if I am wrong)

But I would absolutely buy a photo printer and give them at least 4 of what you think were the best pictures as a full package. I have a really good one I purchsed online with photo paper for $60 plus shipping on amazon.com

i would suggest $250 just so you can get consistant work. I think the value of your work is at least 4x that amount.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 12:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• $300.00 you work is good :)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Wow, I guess Im really under priced then! haha, I charge $35 total. The reason why I dont charge very much is because I got tired of having to pay so much for pictures. Even though i cant take my own familys pics, but I can offer cheap photography for every one else (: But thanks to all of you for the compliments (: Made me feel pretty awesome ;) & gingerwheel Yesss, they do take forever to edit sometimes lol. I also use digital backgrounds, and those take awhile to get jussst right (:
    Jessica1991

Comment by Jessica1991 (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Dude, if I could get 200 pictures and a copyright release and a sitting for $35 I would come to you every 6 months lol. If you live in Arizona hit me up lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Haha, I live in Ohio (:
    Jessica1991

Comment by Jessica1991 (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Oh, then yes, you're definitely undercharging lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 17, 2011