Is it hard for anyone else and how do you woman do it

Our child is 9 months and has only known daddy for 1 month. First crawl, first giggle, first alot he is going to miss. Does anyone else understand? Our little boy is going to be walking soon and he's going to miss it. That makes me feel so alone and so sad. How do we through it. He's in Iraq, how does he get through it.

infmansgirl

Asked by infmansgirl at 12:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• You just do it! My huband missed our son's first words, crawling, sitting, first standing due to being in Iraq. Sadly, it is just part of what we as wives sign up for! Take pictures, keep in contact and let him know what all is happening, use Skype so he can see, video tape. Use whatever recources you have available! Good Luck and know you are not alone :)
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 12:58 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Most men don't get emotional about little things like that like mothers do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Pictures and videos!!! Get a good camera and take tons and tons of pics and videos! I'm sure he'll appreciate it when he can see them not to mention you will when he's older!
    rosemagic01

Answer by rosemagic01 at 1:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Have you joined some of the Military Mom groups?
    goldilocks70

Answer by goldilocks70 at 3:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Pictures, videos, skype, etc.
    smushy79

Answer by smushy79 at 8:27 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I dont have an answer to this because I have never had to go through it but I do want to say that I have such a great amount of respect and admiration for your family.... thank you!
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 10:59 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• pics, videos , skype. Record everything you can and send it to him that way he won't miss it.
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 11:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• my brother in law was over seas with my neice started crawling walking talking and stuff and my sister in law just recorded everything and sent it to him and i think they even skyped some he is fixing to leave again in like a few weeks for a year and they have 2 kids together now and it is hard on both of them,
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 1:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2011