Did your child receive vaccinations? Do you know any children who do not have their shots?

Gingerwheel

Asked by Gingerwheel at 1:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2011 in Kids' Health

• We delay vaccines. They get most of them (not rotavirus, since they are too old to recieve it when we start giving them, and not chicken pox, since I'm still hoping to expose them to it before adolescence), but not until they are at least 6 months old.

We know lots of kids who are completely unvaccinated.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Mine don't.
    ToraMay

Answer by ToraMay at 1:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• mine are all done on schedule. My oldest got the chicken pox vaccine and menengitis before they were required. We always get a flu shot and I have had all my vaccines updated, as well as DH's and we have both had pneumonia shots. My best friend at my temple never vaccinated her kids. She had 6. When they ALL got whooping cough at the same time, and the twin babies almost died, she rethought her stance and as soon as they were well she had them all vaccinated for everything they had missed. She says she never would have forgiven herselof if something had happened to her kids that she could have prevented, and I agree. We have a lot of people that come to our temple that tarvel to Third World countries and can bring illness back with them. I am glad my children are protected and that my dh and I are also
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:21 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• my son is 12 months and he has received them all and exactly when he is suppose to
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My son has all of the shots he is supposed to. I know a family who chooses not to vaccinate though, that's their choice and it doesn't bother me any
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 1:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• All 3 of my kids have had the recommended vaccines at the scheduled times. As far as knowing kids who are not vax'd- It is possible that some of the kids mine are around are not vax'd. I don't go up to the other moms and ask if their kids are vaccinated, or discuss vaccinating with other moms. I am a believer that each mom should do what she feels is best for her kids, and I don't judge others for what they decide to do (vax or not).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• my daughter has had ALL her shots for everything and is getting her next set next week poor thing i hate when she has to have like 5 shots at 1 time!!! but with military u have to get them unless u just dont take them to their appts!! i want my daughter to b healthy though so she goes to every single check up she should have!! iv been to 3rd world countries and my husband is from a 3rd world country and iv witnessed some things 1st hand working in a clinic and i dnt want my daughter to go through anything like that
    Alyson_Torres09

Answer by Alyson_Torres09 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• We stopped vaccinating after our son had a severe reaction to his varicella vaccine & he is now medically exempt from further vaccinations. I know of a few families who do not vaccinate & I have no problem with it.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:35 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• My boys have had all of their shots except for chickenpox. We also do not do flu shots.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 11:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• my son is up to date,i know someone who picks and chooses what ones to give
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 2:34 AM on Jun. 18, 2011